If you've landed on this blog by mistake, please follow this link:


www.Connecticut.PreppersNetwork.com

Please update your bookmarks and the links on your sites.



Join our forum at:


Thursday, December 30, 2010

What's Up CT!!

Hi all,
I'm Cityhomesteader the New Moderator over on the connecticut preppers network forums.
With the ever changing State of the world I decided to get proactive instead of just reading and comment every once in a while. I'm mostly new to prepping and have a lot to learn. Starting at 57 years old and convincing your wife of 29 years that "No honey I have nut gone off my nut!"

We have been trying to build a Homestead in the city for about 13 years this Past Christmas.
Renovating and old 1840's farm house and putting in a huge terraced garden on our south facing slope. We have about .75 of an acre of land over a sandstone ledge, so gardening can be a challenge. I also Forage and wildcraft around the fields and woods of my area, and have been actively a Naturalist for about 50 years. I got interested in wild foods and wildcrafting at the ripe old age of 5 years old when My parents would take us all into the woods foraging grapes, black raspberries, wild strawberries, fish and Game. I never took to hunting, but loved the woods and fields.
My present foraging run is harvesting Balm of Gilead Buds and making herbal salves. infusions, and ointments. Winter is the very best time to harvest the resinous buds of this Poplar tree.

Hope to hear from others on my blog and would love to get together with people that have similar leanings or would like to learn about them. You can contact me at the Connecticut preppers Network via APN
The links are below.. Smitty cityhomesteader
------------------------------------------
Join the APN Forum at www.AmericanPreppersNetwork.net
Visit the Connecticut Forum at www.connecticutPreppersNetwork.net

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright
For Notices of Copyright infringement and to contact our DMCA Agent please follow the link below:
Copyright Policy

For terms of use, rules, and policies please read our Disclaimer
ConnecticutPreppersNetwork.com Est. Jan 17, 2009 All contributed articles owned and protected by their respective authors and protected by their copyright. Connecticut Preppers Network is a trademark protected by American Preppers Network Inc. All rights reserved. No content or articles may be reproduced without explicit written permission.