Talk about storms!
It seems as if the only area not getting snow, ice and cold weather, or high winds and flood damage is Central Oregon! And we need the snow in the mountains!
The Midwest has been pummeled all winter, with the (hopefully) grand finale last Thursday in Chicago.
Then, Cyclone Yasi hit the coast of Australia, causing widespread wind damage and flooding.
Subsequently, we'll be focusing on urban survival this week with an emphasis on disaster preparedness.
* Learn cyclone and tornado safety skills.
* SurvivalCommonSense.com Radio: Listen to the Feb. 4 interview with Freeze Dry Guy JR as we discuss the Freeze Dry Guy company's charitable efforts.
* How to shut off your utilities during an emergency.
* Finding Water after Cyclone Yasi.
* Worth Reading: Storage Food Cookbook.
* Survival Food: Homemade Energy Bar Recipe.
And here is what is going on this week at
2011 Chicago storm
The 2011 Chicago Snow Storm
* Friday's guests on SurvivalCommonSense.com Radio will include Jan LeBaron, owner of Healthy Harvest, who will be talking about her new storage food cookbook. The program will air at 6 p.m. Pacific Standard Time on the Preparedness Radio Network. Click here for the link to the show. You can download the show and listen whenever it's convenient. (Our broadcasts make a great drive-time show!)
* Questions for the SurvivalCommonSense.com Radio host (that's me) or the guest? Email me at: email@example.com.
* Please visit SurvivalCommonSense.com on Facebook, and "Friend" us!
* Support our sponsors - they keep this site free, and allow me to pursue my twin passions of working with kids and providing survival information!
Everybody have a great week! - Leon
Here's the link for the radio show: http://www.bepreparedradio.com/2011/02/03/preparedness-radio-02-04-2011/
Feel free to post this entire email update on your site!
Join the APN Forum at www.AmericanPreppersNetwork.net
Visit the Connecticut Forum at www.connecticutPreppersNetwork.net